P.O. Drawer 140, 100 Central Circle
Low Moor, VA 24457
Office (540) 863-1800
JRTC Board Meeting Notes
What follows are the notes from the July 11, 2017 meeting of the Jackson River Technical Center Joint Board of Control. You are encouraged to contact Eugene Kotulka if you have questions regarding this information.
Present: Bert Baker (Covington City), Gerald Franson (Alleghany County), Jennifer Seckner (Alleghany County), Craig Lane (Alleghany County), Randy Tucker (Alleghany County), Glenn Spangler (JRTC Director), Christy Armentrout (Clerk), Melinda Snead-Johnson (Covington City Superintendent) and Eugene Kotulka (Alleghany County Superintendent/Administrator).
1. Reorganization: Jennifer Seckner was appointed as Chair, Craig Lane as Vice Chair. Christy Armentrout was appointed as Clerk, and Melody Weese as Deputy Clerk. A schedule of meetings was approved.
2. The minutes of the June 13, 2017 meeting were approved.
3. Mr. Spangler reported the building is being cleaned to be ready for the opening of school.
4. Mr. Spangler reported the CST classroom computers are ready to go for the new class this year.
5. Mr. Spangler reported funds are being raised for the Welding Lab project. The Alleghany Foundation required JRTC to raise $10,000 in support to receive full grant funding. Mr. Huffman secured a $2,500 donation from WestRock and has met with TPM, Gala Industries and Williams Fabrication to discuss donations. Mr. Huffman also plans to meet with management from Ingevity.
6. Bills in the amount of $4,659.10 were approved. Bills and salaries in the amount of $73,923.94 were also paid in accordance with approved salary and benefit schedules.
The meeting adjourned at 12:17 p.m.
The next meeting will be held on August 8 at 12:00 p.m.