TITLE:†††††††††††††††††††††††† † VISITING
develop social-cultural profiles for children in the special education process
and to serve as a liaison between home and school with students having problems.† To enforce statues of compulsory attendance
laws and division attendance policies and serve to facilitate regular student
Professional License or Post-Graduate Professional Certification with a minimum
of five years of successful experience as a teacher, guidance counselor, or
professional and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively
with school personnel and members of the community.
†††† Director of
Student Programs Special
- Serve as a member of the special education
- Serve as a member of the IEP Team when
- Provide consultation to
teachers and other
staff teachers, counselors, administrators, and other staff.
- Serve as liaison with clinics, other agencies,
- Maintain logs of service provided.
- Make home visits as needed .
parental accompaniment, transport children for special services.
- Prepare reports relevant to professional
responsibilities as required by Special Services.
Investigate cases of unexcused and excessive
absences and tardies. Coordinate with school administrators,
attendance reports regarding excessive absences related to school accreditation.
- Issue warnings; file court complaints
against students, parents, or guardians in accordance with compulsory
attendance laws, Code of Virginia, and board policy,
and refer to
Truancy Team and/or court. as needed.
- Serve as the superintendentís attendance hearing
- Serve as the re-enrollment coordinator.
- Represent the school district in attendance
related court hearings.
resulting in attendance referrals.
- Attend Family Assessment and Planning Team (FAPT)
- Assists with the Crisis Intervention Team.
Serve a member Provide facilitation and over sight leadership of
the Crisis Intervention Team. wrap around services program.
Confer regularly with teachers, counselors,
principals, and other staff to identify problems of tardiness, attendance,
and student truancy, and make a reasonable effort to gain their
cooperation to improve attendance.†
Conduct home visits and parent/guardian
conferences on student truancy and attendance problems.
- Maintain contact and act as a liaison to local
law enforcement agencies and courts.
and Truancy Team in the
area of student truancy.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records,
and other documents required, including records of all cases investigated
and record required documentation into the division student data
reports required by state agencies.
- Develop and implement effective communication
between the schools and community; promote community support and
involvement with the schools.
- Maintain confidentiality concerning the student
and/or family with all persons other than authorized personnel or
- Participate in professional development to
improve skills related to job assignment.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional,
ethical, and responsible.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors.
†Twelve month contract (260 days), exempted
FLSA status.† Salary to be established
†by the School Board.
†††† Performance of this job will be evaluated
by the Director of Special Education.
by School Board: October 2007