Student Transcript Regulations
Should a parent, guardian, or others with legal control of a student elect to have a test record expunged from the student’s record, he/she must submit in writing to have the student’s test record excluded from the student transcript. This written request will be maintained in the student’s permanent record.
High School Credit-Bearing Courses Taken in Middle School
The Virginia Standards of Accreditation provision for dropping a high school credit course taken in middle school is:
§ VAC 20-131-90 – “In any high school credit-bearing course taken in middle schools, parents may request that grades be omitted from the student’s transcript and the student not earn high school credit for the course.”
In order to have a credit bearing course expunged from a student’s transcript the following must be adhered to:
· JOA – Form 1 must be provided to each student in middle school who is enrolled in a high school credit course at the beginning of the course.
· Should a parent, guardian, or others with legal control of a student elect to have a course expunged from the student’s record, he/she must complete and sign the form and return it to the school no later than June 15 of the academic year.
· The course will remain a part of the middle school record.
· The course will not appear on the high school transcript.
· JOA – Form 1 will become a part of the student’s permanent record.
Adopted: May 15, 2017
Cross Refs.: JOA Student Transcripts
5/17 ACPS ALLEGHANY COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS